Spark the Next
Innovation. Invention. Entrepreneurship.
Powered by Perspective.
We believe anyone can innovate. By creating opportunities to practice the Actions of Innovation and Habits of an Innovator, the next great idea can come from anywhere. Powered by our Model I Innovation Learning Framework, authentic objects and real-life stories provide inspiration, knowledge and skill-building in firsthand experiences, digital media and interdisciplinary learning resources.
Competitions & Events
When learners converge to compete and cross-pollinate, everyone wins. Better still, the boldest among them inspire by example.
- Recognizing America's Most Innovative Teachers Teacher Innovator Awards The Henry Ford recognizes teachers who demonstrate ingenuity and resourcefulness, who approach teaching and learning creatively, and who are using the classroom to build 21st century skills.
- How can we empower the next generation to learn from failure, stay curious, and challenge the rules? Michigan Invention Convention The Michigan Invention Convention (MIIC) provides students in grades 3-12 an interactive and interdisciplinary opportunity to use the invention process to create and pitch an original product at a state-wide convention.
- An Opportunity to Learn More Educator Open House The Henry Ford offers a periodic Educator Open House to introduce teachers to the wide array of experiences, educational tools, and professional development opportunities available.
Field Trips & Programs
Transform your lesson plans with relevant learning-by-doing experiences that empower learners to realize their potential to help shape a better future. Whether you are a professional educator, parent or scout leader, you’ll give tomorrow’s dreamers and doers, creators and makers a chance to make lasting personal connections with lively stories, big ideas and 21st-century learning skills.
- Just Add Experience Field Trips Immerse your learners in the stories of real people who changed the world, and help them find the path to their own brightest future. With 250 acres of objects and experiences to awaken awe and curiosity, The Henry Ford has everything you need to plan an unforgettable field trip tailored to your curriculum.
- Where Sparks Shine Brightest Camps & Activities The Henry Ford will keep your curious learner motivated and engaged with experiences geared to building problem-solving and critical-thinking skills in young people of all ages.
- Inspiration & Fun Scouts & Youth Groups The Henry Ford offers programs to inspire a generation of girls and boys who are bold, informed, and confident enough to change the world around them.
Discover our deep database of curriculum-aligned resources for bringing that breathtaking “aha moment” to your students. Lesson plans, activities, worksheets–even scavenger hunts–all tied to specific learning objectives (and fun, too!).
Education at The Henry Ford
Learning inspires us — and lives at the core of our mission. Innovation inspires us, too. We look for every opportunity to bring the two together, both inside and outside the classroom. Find out about professional development programs for educators as well as the many ways we work to further learning in our community and others.
- Interactive Teaching & Learning Professional Development The Henry Ford is committed to developing fresh approaches and comprehensive resources to support teachers at every level in pursuit of their professional best.
- Unique. Engaging. Effective. Henry Ford Academy A unique college prep experience on the campus of The Henry Ford surrounded by Ford Motor Company, the Henry Ford Academy is the first charter school of its kind.
- Education Inside & Out Henry Ford Learning Institute With its commitment to lifelong learning, HFLI extends learning beyond the classroom to create a community of curious, innovative learners.
- Youth Mentorship Program Community Commitment The Henry Ford works with a local school district to offer local teens meaningful experiences, skill development, and good role models so they can be the leaders of tomorrow.